Wednesday, August 29, 2007

slow VS untalented?

Today's physical training ain't that bad. Ran around the stadium 6 times, unfortunately it only rained after I've completed my sixth round. =.= Then all the sit-ups and push ups, we started our Takada recap. Then kinda screwed it up initially(well this always happens), after that was fine I think...

What was kind of anticipated ever since after the exams turned horrendous, only for me. Freshies learnt 2 steps of a song, Prayer of the Rain. So I guess it worked because my heart was raining. I was struggling alot. At the end of learning step one, I sat by the side, tears bursting out anytime. Curse my unsynchronised arms and legs! It's only until the end when the seniors asked us to copy down the so-called "recipe"(it's the tune notes?) that one of them joked about the ingredients needed... So they said a couple of qualities, and only "Patience" struck me. Well, shouldn't be so hard on myself sometimes. I should already understand the fact that I am a slow learner, be it musical instrument(guitar) or sports(netball).

Reflections!! Shall heed what my guitar teacher once said to the ensemble... "Sometimes, when you learn a musical instrument, you need to have a talent for it. If you don't have, you really have to work doubly hard than anyone else. If you don't even put in effort into practising, how are you going to master it?" And I'm the untalented one. Hooray.