Saturday, November 03, 2007

The long-anticipated Daiko Exchange at Kampong Chai Chee CC was finally here today!

Shall not talk about how I travelled to Bedok... Our fault... =.=
Brunch with Fred and Hery, then saw Andrew and I chased him down the path in order to get him to join us, haha.. He was walking too fast, almost could not catch up >.<


Then after eating, went off to meet the rest... Late for 15 minutes... Then walked down to KCC...

Seniors had their last rehearse before the actual exchange start. Then Cally, Justina, Melanie and I just become ice block, lol... cuz nothing to do actually...

The actual exchange was fab, MINDS daiko team was so engaging, and could really lift the spirits of everyone (:
KCC's team was very good; got that gungho spirit in the female drummers, whom 3 of them were SP Daiko's seniors...
Our SP Daiko also very good! Nice skills which led the 4 of us in awe. I prefer Hajijyo more because there's a mighty spirit in the gestures and beat.
The finale was so fascinating, with the combined drumming of every Daiko groups... The atmosphere was so high, and let me felt that I was in some celebration of a festival... :D

After the whole thing, went home with the Punggol gang(only 3 of us actually). Had some laughs on Hurricane Carolina(supposedly to be Katrina, thanks to Fred), LOL! And found out that Kelly quitted Daiko... Then they said if I quit also, they will take turns to haunt me outside my house... God. haha...

Frankly, it is not that the thought of quitting never came across my mind. The urge to quit was very strong at the first few practices. But came to think about the people there and the seniors' efforts put in to guide me, I erased the thought and just continue as far as I can.
Shall not let the blood vomited by the seniors be wasted la. It's some kind of a road of no return...

Overall, very contented today. (; can smile in my sleep too!
Just kidding.