Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Many Firsts.

Happy New Year 2008!

My debut performance at BoonLay countdown was a blast(vocab given by my sis)!
Thank God for no flying bachi sticks, just instant goodness of teamwork!
All the sweat and effort spent were paid off!
And the part where the ministers tried to play the drums was super hilarious, with the help of the emcees Dasmond Koh and Kym Ng to liften the spirits of the audiences! Everyone was laughing, and me, ROFL. haha!
------------------------------------

Reached clubhouse around 3.50pm, and we started our warm-ups before we rehearsed. The feeling was just so right with every drummer around.(:
Trained for sometime before we had our dinner. During dinner, Justina and Mel couldn't contain their laughters again, and OMG, it was due to the mocha and yam milk tea again, respectively. Cally also got their virus, wahaha... I was really immuned to the jokes until Alvin said one, and I was really laughing hard.
Zhicai called us to give us moral support, which we really appreciate. The golden rules he reinforced to us were really helpful. And when he mentioned the NEL jokes, I was beginning to reminisce about all the laughters and frost bites the NEL peeps had together. Though the number of times the NEL-ians went home together can be counted with 10fingers, but were treasured. And I agree with Fred, NEL ROCKS! haha!
Played card games after that, and the atmosphere was high. Sorry to those whom I've hurt during the games. I'm cutting my nails today. wahaha
Thereafter around 9pm, we gathered our tools and helped one another to shift the drums to the carpark. Teamwork(:

My first ride on the lorry backseat! As the lorry was going at some fast speed, the wind was strong, which made the experience great. And I even got to spot some stars out of this bright concrete jungle. The city lights blinded our eyes from nature's little gift most of the time, and we do not really have the chance to sit back and enjoy the simplicity nature offers. Ok a bit of digression. I felt so carefree, and really wanted to sing, haha.

Reaching our destination, we had to carry the drums again. And that's when my left leg gave way and I hurt my knee. Baluku! :(
After that, waited anxiously for our performance. Guess what, we had to move the drums up the stage also. but my job was easier, just bringing up the drum sticks and shift the drums in position. I wasn't at all worried or having a stage fright, since we are all there for one another, there's nothing to fear.(:
During the performance, I was so relaxed that my smile came naturally, unlike times during training when I had to remember to smile. And I think, as a whole, we had done our best, and fabulous!

It was all to God's grace that the daikoreans could spend the New Year countdown together! Together with the fireworks that accompanied, everything was just beautified.

On the ride back to SP in lorry again, we shouted "Happy New Year" to all the road users, and some greeted back!(: High-ness. haha

After that, moved the drums back to clubhouse then we went back home, and it marked the end of the fun journey. Abit unhappy on why everything just ended so fast, when all the time to make this day a fabulous one seemed to take ages. At least I was glad that everything went smoothly. No regrets, nothing. Only contentment.


台上四分钟,台下十年功。
再灿烂的烟火,总有熄灭的时候。
不用太感伤,不必觉遗憾,
尽心尽力,就好。

路,还是要走。
水,还是依然往下流。
不必在乎别人的指责;
对你的不利。
胜利是自己酝酿的。
你仍心无愧的信念,
会代你开口。