Wednesday, December 31, 2008

-This is a scheduled post-
Information may not be today's stand


At the very last 10 minutes of Year 2008, let me just summarise the rocky and uneven journey I walked through in 2008.

I thought this year would be a very good one because I found myself counting down to the New Year at Boon Lay Countdown - something I had never done before - and the whole sky was beautified by the fireworks. Beautified the sky, but perhaps not my days.

Earlier this year, I did something really foolish? Perhaps I was really upset for quite awhile, but I did not regret, because I was being truthful to myself. And all the things that happened after the few months, made me really devastated and disappointed. I know I cannot expect someone to requite my feelings, that is why I, in a way, forced myself out of the... sadness? I cannot find a better word to describe. Like I have always told myself, there is no other choice left for me. It was really heart-wrenching, I swear. But, it's been so long, I have learnt to take it easy.

Few months after the pain, comes another. Not that harsh, but I still cannot get over it.
all was disappointing...

Harsh and cold moments in Daiko in May; something I could not take at first. Trying to salvage the situation, but ended up making everything worse. I have long given up trying to help things, because I learnt just how powerless I am. No matter how loud I speak, shout or scream, my voice is as inaudible as a whisper. No, not going to start any fire again. I'm just speaking my mind. I think leaders should have a sense of responsibility, and put their heart and soul in running the club and not playing any MIA game.

Ended the clique in my class around mid-October. I guess it is of no use salvaging or bringing anything together, when all that had left was an empty shell. But, at least everyone got their breakaway.

Family problems were showing up so much this year. Really wish everything could tide over soon. I really love to see everyone smiling like before...

Anyway, amidst all the negativities, there were sure some positivities that I thank God for giving me.

The $1000 scholarship :) Having jobs during the hols :) Having the chance to go LTC which still leaves me reminiscing, and met lovely people like Xinyi, Jinhui, Dan Dan and Wan! Totally agree with Jinhui saying "I miss every bit of LTC." HAHA
my friends who are with me all these while: Jol! Cally Love! Jiahong Lover! my stars and moon! (it sure wasn't a good journey this year, but i'm sure we're going to tide over it woosh!) Girlfriends! and some others whom I had whined to in bad times. haha.
my family of coursee!
the doors and arms which opened to me in times of distress, which i always feel thankful of.
the new friends i made =D
events which raised my confidence and perseverance
the many people whom forked out $ and time to celebrate my birthday. really touched.
all the good food i'm able to eat w/o much worries. hehe...
Thanks for the blessings. I will learn to count my blessings more, and understand the shortcomings of life... Thanks to all the people who believed in Veronica, the timid, blur, and many more. HAHA.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! ALL THE BEST FOR YEAR 2009! :D

something which i find meaningful :)

my dream car- the Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible

Labels: